Well friends, it’s our fourth year of hosting our 24-hour Read-In on the steps of the Brooklyn Public Library. Once again readers, library lovers, librarians, families, and even unsuspecting people just wandering by in front of the library are joining together to take a stand against the outrageous proposed cuts to our beloved New York City public libraries.The Read-In will take place from 4 p.m to 4 p.m., June 8th and 9th, in front of the Central Library in Grand Army Plaza.
More details to follow soon, but won’t you join us? Sign up here to claim your time spot and read whatever you like for a quarter of an hour.
- Join us as we read around the clock to show the range and depth of New York’s literary love … and how library cuts would devastate so many of our beloved services
- Join us in protest against the loss of books for our community’s children, young adults, parents, and senior citizens
- Join us to hear librarians, authors, illustrators and city council members share their favorite words
- Join us for a four hours of family story time (8 a.m. – noon on Sunday)
- Join us as we lovingly heckle other readers in the darkest hours of the Read-In (2 a.m – 4 a.m.)
- OR … join us just to come together and enjoy the simple pleasure of reading
Sign up here.